It’s Tuesday March 8, 2011 and in the last few weeks we have seen gas prices skyrocket. Unfortunately this means thieves are more prone to steal your gasoline. We need your help to prevent this from occurring. If you see any suspicious vehicles in your area, please contact our dispatch at 889-2333 and report any suspicious activity in your area. Here are some helpful tips:
1) put up extra security lights
2) put lock gas caps on your car
3) get a good guard dog, tie it to the back of your vehicle while your asleep at night, make sure your dog has plenty of water and food
4) look after your neighbor’s property
5) communicate to your neighbors about incidents that occur
6) put up cameras if you can afford them, they sell them at almost any electronic stores, some are even economical
7) lock your gas cans in a storage shed, buy an alarm system to put on that shed or in your shop. They sell at Lowes or Home Depot for around $100.00, my brother-in-law has one and it will wake up the heaviest sleeper a quarter of a mile away.
8) Create a crime watch, if you don’t already have one
These are just a few ideas that might be helpful.